Torque Pro is one of the best android apps for running OBD2 diagnostic. Torque Pro is a diagnostic app that works together with a Bluetooth adapter plugged into your car diagnostic socket. It not only accesses the different sensors in your vehicle; it also reads codes. This android app is so versatile in its use.
Most drivers panic and rush whenever they see the “check engine light is on”. In this situation, the dealer will charge to diagnose the problem and the solution to the problem. With this Torque pro, app this problem, you will read yourself.
When you get to know actually what problem are you facing you can solve it yourself. You will go to a garage and tell them precisely what you want to fix. Torque app can do just it will read the codes for the problem. Here will discuss in detail torque pro, how it works what are its cons and pros?
- What can you do with Torque Pro?
- How does Torque Pro work?
- Torque Pro features and functions
- Advantages of the Torque Pro
- Pros and Cons of Torque Pro
What can you do with Torque Pro?
You can get the following information from Troque pro.
- Read and Clear Trouble Codes
- Monitor O2 sensors
- View Live Data
- Data Management
- Continuous Monitoring
The Torque app is a must-have for motorists. It’s a diagnostic and efficiency tool. It costs only a few dollars to buy from the google play store. Onwards you have to buy a Bluetooth adaptor if you don’t have one already. You can use the free version for testing, but you will need to purchase the Pro version for the full functionality.
How does Torque Pro work?
It works with compatible vehicles, primarily cars manufactured after 2000, with the on-Board Diagnostics (OBD2) standards. Overall Torque Pro works with most modern cars. When you have downloaded the app and installed it, you have to connect/pair it via Bluetooth with the OBD2 Bluetooth connected to the diagnostic socket. So, here, you can access your vehicle’s ECU via the app.
Torque Pro features and functions
On average, not all the users can benefit from all the uses of the Torque Pro app, but, most of them that are essential and will come in handy are.
- It can read transmission temperature
- Fuel consumption per mileage
- Alarms and Warnings
- Tracking capabilities
- Web upload for further analysis/diagnostic via excel or open office
- GPS tagged tweets
- GPS speed meter
- Carbon dioxide emission
- Has a big fault code database for diagnosing any problem
- 0-60 speed timings
- How fast your car accelerates to 60kmph
- Horsepower, Torque, and Dynometer
Advantages of the Torque Pro
One of the most significant benefits is that it is cost saving. By using this app, you can quickly point out or recognize the fault in your vehicle. Garages and dealerships cannot charge for extra problems in actuality that do not exist in your car. You would do not have to pay again and again for the recognition of the problem.
As we prescribed above, you can get more benefits by adding some more plugins to extend the functionality. This includes monitoring of additional parameters and other external devices on external devices.
Pros and Cons of Torque Pro
- Pro version is very affordable with light version is free.
- Complete with all OBD2 cars
- Has a rich library with DTC definitions to help newbies
- Allow you the personalize the arrangements of widgets and gauges.
- Resembles a scan tool in functionality. E.g. it can reset the CEL.
- Has plenty of ads-on like maintenance scholar, user profile, and custom dashboards, etc.
- Not so simple to use the OBD2 app
- It does not work with IOS devices
- As it consumes mobile batter so, drain the portable battery fast
- Speed may seem inaccurate at times. In this case, you will have to calibrate the speedometer
- Some features may be limited to the specific models of vehicles
- Torque Pro
- The Torque Pro app is the best OBD2 android app. It has numerous functions and features for troubleshooting your car. By using this app, you can see excellent aspects of your car and drive. Investing in this BOD2 app will save your trips to dealers and garages for your vehicle’s troubleshooting tasks. The most rating app on the google play store can convince you more about this app’s use if you have any doubts.