You can choose to study at a university like Concordia University or the University of Waterloo, but there are many engineering programs available to Canadian students. Engineering studies the design and operation of specific products. Although you might think all engineering programs are the same, there are many options. You can choose to study civil, biomedical or mechanical engineering. There are many great colleges that offer master and bachelor degree programs.
Canadian schools allow online applications. However, it is important to check the eligibility requirements before you submit an application. Both the general requirements for all students and the specific requirements of the engineering program will need to be met.
These are the basic requirements:
- High school graduation
- Passing grade in an English as a Second Language exam
You will need these things if you are applying for a master’s or graduate program.
- Send a transcript proving that you have a bachelor’s degree.
- Be familiar with math classes
- Be familiar with science classes.
Cost to Study Engineering in Canada
Many international students are concerned about moving to Study in Canada. They fear that it will be too expensive. Although it may be more expensive than a local program, you will get many benefits. It can cost anywhere from $7,000 to $20,000 per year. You should research any financing options offered by these colleges if you are a foreign student. For qualified students, the schools might offer reduced tuition options, payment plans, or grants and scholarships.
Top Engineering Universities in Canada
To pursue Engineering at Canadian universities, one should check the following universities.
|University of Toronto|
|University of British Columbia|
|University of Alberta|
|Queen’s University at Kingston|
Canada’s Engineering Universities: How to Apply for a Bachelors
Candidats who wish to apply for Undergraduate Engineering degrees from Canada should have a minimum of basic eligibility. Below are some of the eligibility requirements that may or not be required in every case:
- Students must possess their qualifying certificates for 10th and 12th grades.
- Students must have a minimum of 60% aggregate in 12th grade. (Depends on the university applying)
- Students must have a Science background. Mandatory knowledge of subjects like Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics (standard XII)
- All international students will need to show proof of English Language proficiency (IELTS or TOEFL MELAB).
Documents are required
- Statement of Purpose (Depends upon the university applying).
- Letter of recommendation (Depends upon the university applying).
- Academic Documents (Mandatory): These documents include certificates and mark sheets starting at the 10th or 12th standard.
Canada’s Engineering Universities: Masters Eligibility
Students who wish to apply for a Master Degree in Engineering from Canada will be accepted if they meet the following basic criteria:
- All applicants will be accepted according to the regulations of the respective universities/graduate schools.
- Students must meet the requirements of each department they wish to apply to.
- Students who are interested in applying must hold a minimum of a 4-year undergraduate degree in a similar field. Minimum GPA of B+/776-79% (Depending on the university and course selected)
- All international students must take the IELTS, TOEFL and MELAB tests in order to study in Canada.
Read more: Study in Canada without IELTS