Dandruff is a skin condition that affects the scalp. It manifests as dry, flaky skin and can be itchy too. People who have dandruff often experience hair fall, which leads to discoloration of their hair. This article is about some of the best anti-dandruff shampoos one should buy online or from your local stores based on their needs.
To buy the best anti dandruff shampoo for oily hair, one has to remember these tips.
- Do not buy shampoos with dandruff listed as one of the ingredients.
- Check the amount of selenium sulphide in it, as this ingredient has been proven to be effective at fighting dandruff.
- With almost all anti-dandruff shampoos, it should list zinc pyrithione as an active ingredient because these two compounds work really well together to treat dandruff and prevent it from coming back.
- What other active ingredients does a product have? Salicylic acid is often incorporated into over-the-counter anti-dandruff shampoos to kill bacteria that cause scalp infections causing flakey scalps and exacerbating dandruff problems. One thing that people don’t realize is that these products can dry out the scalp and cause itchiness, therefore, it’s best to incorporate a conditioner into one’s routine.
- Don’t be discouraged because anti-dandruff shampoos are usually pretty expensive as they are often effective at combating dandruff for about five weeks peruse. Think of it this way -one is paying around some money for five weeks’ worth of product, so if they look at it from a cost versus benefit perspective, it may just be worth spending money on an effective anti-dandruff shampoo.
- Just because one’s friend uses one shampoo doesn’t mean it’s going to work just as well for them because everyone’s scalp has different pH levels and oiliness. It may even just build up on their scalp rather than wash out if it’s not formulated for their type of hair.
- One often doesn’t need to wait at least 2-3 minutes to let the conditioner sink into their locks as anti-dandruff shampoos are called ‘rinse-off types because they require an immediate rinse after one lather them up.
- If you have been using a shampoo containing zinc pyrithione or selenium sulfide, then it might be best to switch products to give their head a break from those ingredients, especially since they don’t want them to become ineffective over time.
- If one see dandruff as a constant problem, then the best option is to use an anti-dandruff shampoo more than once a week even if they don’t have dandruff at that time because those shampoos can help prevent dandruff from showing up in the first place by reducing the amount of oil on their head which increases flake formation.
- Beware of shampoos with tea tree oil listed as its active ingredient as it only reduces symptoms but doesn’t really treat what’s causing one’s scalp to be dry and flaky such as sebum. They will need a shampoo with zinc pyrithione to fight dandruff.
- If you have a favorite shampoo that they use all of the time, then it would be best to choose one specifically formulated for fighting dandruff because it won’t strip away natural oils from their scalp and thus won’t cause dry flakes or itchiness. Additionally, if they have tried shampoos without success previously, it may take using a few products before finding one that works – don’t give up!
- Don’t expect an anti-dandruff shampoo to get rid of one’s flaky scalp overnight as this is often not the case and instead realize that patience is key when dealing with these products in general.
So, the best anti dandruff shampoo for oily hair consists of all things this article has mentioned.